Recipe by Chef Noel Keane, Éabha Joans Restaurant, Listowel
- 1½ pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into ½-inch cubes, and submerged in a bowl of cold water to prevent browning
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Leah’s Savoury Spice Mix
- 1 small red onion, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 medium-size tomato, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and tender stems
- Drain the potatoes and pat them dry.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the Leah’s Savoury Spice Mix and cook until it sizzles, turn reddish brown, and are fragrant, 5 to 10 seconds. Add the potatoes, onion, and stir-fry until the potatoes and onion are lightly browned around the edges, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the salt and stir once or twice. Pour in 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are almost fall-apart tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato and coriander, and cover the pan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the tomato is warmed through, about 2 minutes. Then serve.