Recipe by Sarah Fitzgerald
- 2 bodices of Pork baby back ribs
- 4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Rapeseed oil
- 1 cups of water
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 onion and 2 cloves roughly chopped (Optional)
- 4 tablespoons of Leah’s Savoury Spice mix
- 2 tablespoons of local Honey if you want them sticky and glazed
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C if you’re cooking them soon.
- Get a good size roasting oven dish with a lid. Tin foil will do it you have no lid.
- Chop onion and garlic and put in the bottom of pan with the water and wine.
- To get the ribs ready for roasting, rub in the apple cider vinegar to the ribs and leave for 5 mins.
- Mix the oil and savoury mix together to form a paste and rub on the ribs, leave for however long you can. The longer the better, to marinate. Even overnight would be great. Preparation is everything.
- Place the ribs apart in the pan and put in the 200°C oven for 15 minutes to start with, uncovered.
- After 15 mins take the ribs out and cover them with the lid or tinfoil, turning down the temperature to 180°C. Making sure there is liquid in the base of the pan.
- After one hour, the meat should be falling off the bone, if they are meatier leave them in another 15 minutes.
- After the 1 – 1 hour 15 minutes, spoon the honey over the ribs if you want them to be sticky and glazed. Place back in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
- They should be tender, tasty and sticky.
- Enjoy as a snack, with salad or as a dinner.