Recipe by YesChef
- 1 Leah’s Black Pudding, thinly sliced
- 1 Leah’s White Pudding, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 5ml balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon Irish cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 4 Boilie goat’s cheese balls
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Use a 10cm cutter or similar to cut out 4 discs of puff pastry. Place them on a non-stick baking sheet and then place another baking sheet on top. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven, place the pastry discs on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, heat the oil in a saucepan and stir in the onions and balsamic vinegar. Season well and let everything cook gently, stirring often, until the onions have caramelized and the vinegar has evaporated.
- When the onions have cooled, spread them evenly on the pastry discs and lay slices of the black and white pudding in alternating colours on top.
- Reduce the oven to 160°C and bake the tarts for a further 10 minutes, then top them with the cheese and serve as illustrated.
This recipe was in issue 4 of YesChef magazine.